Written by Rene' Hart
1869 ATLANTIC DRIVE, MOREHEAD CITY, NC 27598
919.555.1234 * E-MAIL: email@example.com
OR REGIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Impacted Sales and Profitability, Delivered Critical Merchandising and Marketing Decisions, and Led the Company Through Dynamic Growth and Territory Expansion
- 10+-year progressive career with a $15.3B, 56-location, Fortune 500 distributor of Food and Wholesale Products and Services - clients include restaurants, schools, hotels, casinos,
military/government installations, and health care institutions.
- Increased revenues in the Atlantic Beach territory from 25% to a whopping 55% in just 12 months.
- Identified market expansion opportunities that generated over $12MM in additional profits in 1998 alone.
- Specially recognized above peers; earned the Circle of Excellence award 3 out of 4 years and the President's Club award 2 years running.
- Sustained a perfect client retention rate for over 10 years - never lost a customer!
Sales and Marketing * Promotions * New Territory Launches * Merchandising * P&L * Customer Relations * Team Building and Development * Inventory Management * Budgeting
* Contract Negotiations
PROFITS ACHIEVED THROUGH TERRITORY DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING, AND MERCHANDISING
MAJOR CORPORATION, RALEIGH, NC (1986 to Present)
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER - MOREHEAD CITY, NC (1998 to Present)
High-Profile Attractions Area Territory * Personally Handled 35 Accounts
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (1996), DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (1994), MERCHANDISING AND MARKETING MANAGER (1993), SENIOR MERCHANDISER (1990), SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT MANAGER (1986)
- As District Sales Manager of the $300MM Morehead City division, supervise 6 account representatives, 200+ accounts, and annual sales of $10MM, an increase of 20% over 1997. Landed
"hard to get" accounts by building customer relationships, serving as their "go-to guy," and suggesting new items to build client revenues.
- Took over 27 accounts in Morehead's famed Beachside Drive area, a territory with little established history.
- Captured $2.5MM in new business for 8 of the 9 locations at the newly opened Ocean Pointe, an outdoor shopping and dining center.
- 18+ years in recruiting and developing top talent - hire, train, and manage Account Representatives, Product Specialists, and Buyers and mentored their progression in company.
- As Director of Marketing for the $150MM New Jersey division, planned and organized company picnics, parties, golf tournaments, and fund raisers. Orchestrated annual company sales
meetings, arranging formal training sessions for 80-100 top sales associates.
- As Merchandiser, served on the Food Show Committee; coordinated vendor participation, show allowances, hall decor, customer appreciation parties, entertainment, and other key areas.
- As Supplies and Equipment Merchandiser for the $115MM Baltimore division, negotiated with distributors to place over $200K in obsolete inventory with acquisition of Jersey Foods.
Slashed inventory "days outstanding" from 180 to 40 in just 8 months.
- Instituted tracking procedures to better analyze all promotions for their impact on the bottom line.
- Directed kitchen equipment sales and equipment installations in excess of $1MM for the Paramus Development Center, Dare County Medical Center, Tavern on the Greene, River Walk Golf
Club, and Jaden Services.
- Instituted and developed the supply and equipment category at Sysco New Jersey, generating $1.9MM in sales.
RESTAURANT DESIGNER ... BARACUDAS, RALEIGH, NC 1982 to 1986
- Restaurant design sales surpassed $1MM in 1984.
MANAGING PARTNER ... HOMETOWN DELI, GARNER, NC 1981 to 1982
Bachelor of Arts - Business
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Rene' Hart, Executive Director of First Impressions Resume and Career Development Services, is a Certified Professional Resume Writer recognized for her contributions to
many of today's top career publications. Contact Rene' toll free at 1-877-573-7863, e-mail her at ReneHart@aol.com, or visit her web site at www.ResumesForSuccess.com.