The Passion Plan:
A Step-by-Step Guide to Discovering, Developing, and Living Your Passion
by Richard Chang
Published by Jossey-Bass Publishers
Hardcover - 285 pages - $25.00
How to Discover Your Passion
If you have been suffering from
passion deficit, it might take awhile to discern between passion and
interest. Think about your potential passion as you ask yourself the
following questions. Check the statements below that are true for you.
1. ____ I lose track of time when I'm engaged in this activity.
2. ____ I perform beyond my normal capabilities when I'm engaged in this
3. ____ My energy level is higher when I'm engaged in this activity.
4. ____ I get excited when I think of this activity.
5. ____ I dream about this activity.
6. ____ My enthusiasm for this activity is consistent over time.
7. ____ I feel more confident or empowered when I'm engaged in this
8. ____ Others notice me based on my involvement or performance in this
9. ____ Others rally around me or want to be involved with me in this
10. ____ I feel energized after engaging in this activity.
Give yourself one point for each statement you marked true. Then read on
to learn where you stand.
0-2 This activity is not a passion.
3-5 This activity is an interest.
6-8 This activity is a potential passion and should be re-evaluated
after further investigation.
9-10 This activity is definitely a passion. You should take further
action to determine how to incorporate it into your life on a regular
Reprinted with permission of Richard Chang.
Visit the Passion Plan web site at http://www.thepassionplan.com/.
(c) 1999 Richard Chang, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
The Passion Plan